Saturday, July 12, 2008

Why I started a blog about my dog...

Does the world need another dog blog?

I don't really know. Nor do I really care. A friend on a training forum suggested to me, when I posted for tips on how to keep track of my training successes and setbacks, to start a dog training journal.

At first I balked. A journal? Really? Then I remembered how I managed to whip my butt into shape to keeping track of my finances through Quicken. And then I thought, Oh, Ok. Maybe I can do this.

Then I thought, what a great way to keep track of the entire journey of raising a healthy happy trained responsive dog!

We live in Brooklyn, and while thankfully it isn't Manhattan and the restrictio
ns the city naturally imposes on working with a high energy dog, our humble little borough does pose a few logistic problems when it comes to training. Especially when you have a strange spazzy leash reactive dog like mine.

So here begins my little blog. Hopefully it will help me keep on track with my training. And beyond that, maybe some of my friends might find this of amusement as well.

Cheers to all, and a Happy Summer!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Watch out! Blogging about your dog is addicting and leads to blogging about other things! Summer is beautiful and I'm glad you found an appropriate training method for such an intelligent dog. Good luck (we are working in agility and rally obedience since Roman gets a bit bored with 'regular' obedience...regardless, gotta keep these working dogs employed!)