Monday, December 29, 2008

On the move

What a strange past few months... Fate stepped in and pushed me to finally doing something I had dared to dream lately - leaving New York. So there it is, come Monday Jan 5th, Summer will no longer be a Brooklyn dog - she'll be a transcontinental dog instead. After a long flight to Amsterdam, and then a 12+ hr layover, and then another long flight from Amsterdam to Singapore, my pup will be a tropical canine.

Myself? I'll be flying myself out on the 9th, arriving on the 10th at night, and won't get a chance to visit my girl who will be quarantined (for 30 days no less!) until Monday the 12th. I'm praying with every fiber of my being that she will be ok both during the travel, and inside the quarantine facility.

I'll be documenting our international move here, in case other dogs might have to make a similar move, and they can learn from our experience.

In the meantime, I've been taking her on long jaunts through Prospect Park a lot. I'm going to
miss being there with her. It's a lovely park, and Summer and I have found some really fantastic spots where she can zoom around like a Tazmanian devil, and I can marvel at this beautiful oasis in the city.
summer trying to get a better look at our favorite waterfall


Posing by the waterfall (and graffiti!)


Summer wonders how to get to the other side of the river...


Zoomie dog!


Zooming in the other direction!


Summer looking out across Lullwater


Can you spot the puppy?


@ the lake next to the Peninsula

2 comments:

the Corgi Girls said...

Eeeek, be careful you two!

;o)
M & I

Anonymous said...

Hey there, thanks for linking to us! Let us know how Summer's move goes.

Cheers!
PetRelocation.com